Thursday, August 11, 2011

Question for Catholics?

I am not Catholic nor have I studied the teachings of the Catholic church in depth, specifically, the Vatican. My question is to Catholics that preferably know the in's and outs sorta speak regarding Catholicism. The question is, what is the Catholic religions stance on slavery, and does the Vatican hold the same view. I ask this because in the mid to late 1700's the view of slavery existence was acceptable within Catholicism (if I am not mistaken). Has there been any new doentation added or a possible citation of the current view of this matter. Note, I am not interrogating views or that of any religion, it is rather a question of inquiry into facts. Please do not post if you are unsure, I would rather have no posts than than inaccurate posts. This is an informative question, please to EVERYONE keep this one post free of opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment